The FV Girls Select Softball Program is French Valley Softball's new advanced skill division. The objective of the FV Select Softball Program is to offer an advanced skills program for advanced players who are not quite ready to commit or don't have the time and/or financial resources to commit to travel ball. This program is not meant to be an all star program at this point in time. It is a winterball program with the potential of turning into an annual program, meeting the still pending guidelines to be set in place by the ASA later this Fall and prior to Spring 2015.
The program differs from the Boys Select Program in that the leagues are governed by different sanctioning bodies, with the girls being governed by ASA and the Boys by Pony Baseball. As such, each sanctioning body has different standards and requirements which we must meet as a league.
While the Pony Baseball Association allows for the Boys Select Programs to play year round without the need to participate in Rec Ball, (They participate in SIBA, the Annual Pony Select League in the Temecula Valley) the ASA has stated that requirements for their program will include mandatory participation in the Rec Ball Program (ASA is still formalizing their rules package for this program, their rules should be released later this Fall). So rather than waiting till Spring to begin this program, we have decided to open the program this Fall as a service to the players, coaches and parents of this league to give them a head start. FVBSA will be implementing what structure the ASA has made public to this point. By design this program has been set up differently than winterball programs in years past because of the new rules package being implemented by the ASA.
How the FV Girls Program will Work
1. Each team will be ran by the Team Manager.
2. There will be no mandatory rotation rules, although player rotations are strongly encouraged.
3. The Manager has full control of the player roster. The Manager will be responsible for all position assignments, player additions and player drops.
4. Once a player registers for Rec Ball and makes the team, the player will need to pay an additional $30 which will pay for a team jersey, socks and other league costs. Jerseys will be issued by the league. Managers will be allowed to choose colors and styles within the cost constraints listed above. The League Team Parent will work with the Managers on jersey colors and jersey style options.
5. There will be a mandatory $250 Sponsorship Fee for each team with 50% going to the league to pay for lights, field rentals, and other league costs. The remaining 50% will go to the team. Any sponsorship above the $250 requirement will all go to the team.
6. Once the Fall Rec Ball practices begin, teams will only be allowed to meet 2 days per week (Saturday and Sunday). As such, they will only be given 2 field times on these days.
7. There will be no refunds for players who are dropped or leave the team.
8. The French Valley Girls Softball League will provide practice fields and ASA Player Insurance.
9. The team is responsible for raising the funds necessary to participate in friendlies and tournaments.
10. The team is responsible for the cost of any additional gear (custom helmets, custom jackets, custom bags or any other custom gear specific to the team.
11. If a player is dropped from the team, they will still play on their Rec Ball Team.
12. Players, Parents and Coaches will still be expected to follow the French Valley Code of Conduct and will be expected to conduct themselves accordingly. All of the participants are representing our league, and as such we expect you to represent our league in a manner which will make the players, parents, coaches, and community proud.
13. The Team Manager can pick his own coaching staff. Each Manager and Coach will need to pass a league background check and must be in good standing with both the ASA and FVBSA. If they are not in good standing, the league reserves the right to refuse or revoke participation as per the Code of Conduct Guidelines. Please remember, it is a privilege to participate in this program, it is not a right.
14. This is a voluntary program. If you feel for any reason that you can’t meet the requirements for participation, your child does not have to participate.
15. At this point in time, this is a Fall program with the potential for turning into an annual program. There will be more updates as the ASA finalizes and releases its rules package for Spring 15.
16. Rules may be subject to change as determined by the FVBSA Board and the ASA.
To be eligible for select play, each player needs to register for the Fall 2014 Rec Ball Season in the appropriate age division and play on a Fall Rec Ball team. If a player quits the Fall Rec Ball Program, they will no longer be eligible for the Select Program. If the program becomes an annual program, they will need to register for the subsequent Rec Ball Seasons they are participating in the Select Program.
The FV Baseball and Softball Fall Seasons are quickly approaching. If you have not done so, please make sure to register your child before spaces fill up. Below are some of the important dates coming up for the Fall Season:
Assessments- No Assessments for Fall 2014
Coach Selections- Week of Sept 1st
Player Draft- September 6th
Player Notifications- September 7th-8th
Practices Begin- Week of Sept 8th
Opening Ceremonies (Joint Ceremony for Boys & Girls)- September 20th
Opening Day- September 20th
Picture Day- October 11th
Movie Night- Nov 1st (Halloween Theme)
Championship Saturday (End of Season)- November 22nd (Subj. to Change for Weather/EOS Tournament)
Closing Ceremonies (No Closing Ceremonies for Fall 14)
FV Girls Softball 12U Select is looking for players
The FV Girls 12U Softball Select - Ruvalcaba Team is looking for players for it Fall 2014 team.
The team will be hosting a tryout on Saturday August 16th at 8:00AM at Spencer's Crossing Park. Those who are trying out should be players capable of playing at an advanced level for the 12U Age Group.
The Manager/Assistant Manager will be having an informational meeting on 8/12/14 (Tuesday) at the Pizza Factory, 7pm for those who are interested in joining the team or have more questions.